Are You Projecting Insecurities?
We all have wounds. We all have our baggage, our traumas, our shit, our stories.
When many of these wounds go unresolved and never faced head-on, it is easy to end up projecting these wounds onto others without even realizing it.
As a matter of fact, I believe we are all constantly projecting insecurities all the time.
We project our wounds, our beliefs, our values, our stories, our upbringing. The list goes on.
You’ve probably heard the saying, “When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back to you”. It is so important to take personal responsibility, do the work of overcoming insecurities.
We do this by becoming awakened to our wounds and how they show up in our behaviors. This way we are able to so we can stop projection in its tracks.
How to Stop Projecting Insecurities & Take Personal Responsibility
- What are your wounds? What still hurts? What are you sensitive to? What’s a sore spot for you? What triggers you easily?
- How do you project it? How do you act out on it? How does it affect your relationships?
- What are some assumptions you make based on these wounds?
- What are some conclusions you jump to based on these wounds?
- How can you stop projection in its tracks? What are some action steps you can take to stop yourself from making assumptions and jumping to conclusions?
I hope these journaling questions can help you start taking personal responsibility for your emotional well being and help you overcome insecurities you may didn’t realize you had.
I always tell my students that I don’t expect us to come to any final conclusions or completion through these writing sessions.
This helps us uncover some old wounds we may not realize we act out on. This helps us to become awakened to our baggage so that we can stop projection in its tracks.
From there, we can work to correct the course and re-write our stories. That’s the best part! Unpack, uncover, correct, and re-write your story starting today <3
Learn how to manifest your dreams into reality
Join our youtube family and be part of our community.